Fied of interest: Health and Radiation Physics; Medical Physics
Being a Health Physicist interested in achieving the highest proficiency in scientific as well as professional preferably in the field of Environmental Radioactivity/Environmental hazard and Risk assessment of nuclear industry.
PROFESSIONAL TRAINING AND WORKSHOP
1. Tenth Annual Radiation Measurements Cross Calibration (RMCC-10) Workshop applications to Nuclear Safeguards and Security; October 19-21, 2015 - Abu Dhabi, UAE.
2. Two months IAEA Fellowship training on “Radiation Protection in the specialized field of
Environmental Radioactivity and Radiation safety” held at Center for Medical, Health and Environmental
Physics, Queensland University of Science and Technology, from 15th Jan-Mar 2001; Brisbane, Australia.
3. One month group training on “Environmental Radioactivity Analysis and Measurements”; Japan
Chemical Analysis Centre (JCAC), Chiba, Japan. Organized by Japan International Co-operation
Agency (JICA) from 11Th Aug’2003 to 15th Sep’2003.
4. The IAEA/BAEC National Training Workshop on “The System of Notification, Authorization, Inspection and Enforcement for the Inspectors”. Jointly organized by IAEA & BAEC at Atomic Energy Centre in 7-16th Mar’ 2000.
5. Training course on “Application of GIS in Research and development of BAEC” held in Nuclear
Mineral Units, Atomic Energy Research Establishment, Savar, Dhaka, Bangladesh from 14-21 Dec’ 2004.
- Rubina Rahman, Solodov A. Analysis of natural and anthropogenic radionuclide content in palm date fruit of the United Arab Emirates: a baseline study. Health Phys111(5):465-470; November (2016).
- Jannatul Ferdous, Rubina Rahman and Md. Mustafizur Rahman. Radioactivity Distributions in Soils from Habiganj District, Bangladesh and their Radiological Implications. Malaysian Journal of Soil Science, Vol 19, December (2015).
- Sayed Parvez Ahmed, M Abdul Kadir, Rubina Rahman, Golam Dastegir Al-Quaderi, K Siddique-e Rabbani . Improving Sensitivity of Linear Tetrapolar Impedance Measurement (TPIM) and 8-Electrode Focused Impedance Method (FIM) in a volume conductor: Simulation Study.Bangladesh Journal of Medical Physics, (2016).
- Sayed Parvez Ahmed, M Abdul Kadir, Rubina Rahman, Golam Dastegir Al-Quaderi, K Siddique-e Rabbani Determination of organ volume using Focused Impedance Method (FIM): a simulation approach. Bangladesh Journal of Medical Physics. 7(1); October (2015).
- Rubina Rahman and A. J. Plater. Particle-size evidence of estuary evolution: A rapid and diagnostic tool for determining the nature of recent saltmarsh accretion. Geomorphology, Vol. 213, 139–152, (2014).
- M Abdul Kadir, Syed Parvez Ahmed, Golam Dastegir Al Quaderi, Rubina Rahman and K Siddique-e Rabbani. Application of Focused Impedance Method (FIM) to determine the volume of an object within a volume conductor. Proceedings of the 2013 COMSOL Conference, Bangalore, (2013).
- Rubina Rahman, A. J. Plater, P. J. Nolan, B. Mauz and P.G. Appleby. Potential health risks from radioactive contamination of saltmarshes inin north-west England, UK. Journal of Environmental Radioactivity (special issue), Vol. 119, February (2013).
- Jannatul Ferdous, Bidhan Chandra Paul, Rubina Rahman, Nasima Ferdous and Md. Mustafizur Rahman. Determination of Natural and Artificial radioactivity in soils samples of Gopalgonj district, Bangladesh and its radiological implications. Jahangirnagar University Journal of Science, Vol 36 (1), 1-13; (2013).
- Rubina Rahman, A. J. Plater, P. J. Nolan and P. G. Appleby. Assessing CZT detector performance for environmental radioactivity investigations. Radiation Protection Dosimetry (2012), 1–6. (2012).
- M. Rahman, Rubina Rahman, M. K. Hasan and M. A. Awal. Measurement of Exposure Dose Levels from Potential Sources Used in Nuclear Medicine Centres of Dhaka, Bangladesh. Jahangirnagar University Physics Studies. (2012).
- Rubina Rahman and M. M. Rahman, Radioactivity Levels in Soil and Resultant Population Dose in the Jahangirnagar University Area of Dhaka, Bangladesh. Jahangirnagar Physics studies, Vol 2, 43-50, (2006).
- M. Rahman, Rubina Rahman, M. Begum, Distribution of Natural and Artificial Radioactivity in Soil from different districts of Bangladesh, Journal of Bangladesh Academy of Science , ISSN No. 0378-8121, Vol. 28 (1); (2004).
- M. Alam and Rubina Rahman, Radioactive Air pollution due to Traffic Jam in Dhaka City. Proceedings, 20th Bangladesh Association for the Advancement of Science (BAAS). Conference, 28-30 November, BUET, Dhaka, (1998).
- Rubina Rahman, M.A. Awal and M. M. Rahman, Study of Radioactivities in Soil and Sediment samples of the Jahangirnagar University Campus. Journal of Bangladesh Academy of Science, Vol.22(2), 255-262, (1998).
- Rubina Rahman, M.A. Awal and M. M. Rahman, Uptake of Radionuclides by Aquatic Species of the Jahangirnagar University Campus. Jahangirnagar University Journal of Science, Vol. 21, 85-94, (1997).